Do you have an Amazon Echo Show at home and want to connect with someone who has an Echo Show in a different house? You can easily call another Echo Show in a different location using the Drop In feature. In this step-by-step guide, we will walk you through the process of calling another Echo Show in a different house.
Step 1: Set Up the Drop In Feature on Both Echo Shows
The first step is to ensure that the Drop In feature is enabled on both Echo Shows. To do this, open the Alexa app on your smartphone and go to the Devices tab. Select the Echo Show you want to call and scroll down to the Communications section. Make sure Drop In is enabled for both devices.
Step 2: Add Each Other to Your Contacts
Next, you will need to add each other to your contacts list. Open the Alexa app and go to the Communicate tab. Select the Contacts icon and then tap on the “Add Contact” button. Enter the name of the person you want to call and select their profile from the search results. Once they have been added to your contacts, you can proceed to the next step.
Step 3: Initiate the Call
Now that the Drop In feature is enabled and you have added each other to your contacts, you can initiate the call. Simply say, “Alexa, call [name of the person]’s Echo Show” and the call will be connected. If the person you are calling has multiple Echo Show devices, you will need to specify which device you want to connect with.
Step 4: Accept the Call
When the other person’s Echo Show receives the call, they will have the option to accept or decline the call. If they accept the call, you will be connected and can start communicating through the Echo Show’s screen and speakers. If they decline the call, you will receive a notification on your device.
Step 5: End the Call
Once you are done with the call, you can simply say, “Alexa, end the call” or tap the End Call button on the Echo Show’s screen to disconnect the call. This will end the communication between the two Echo Show devices.
In conclusion, calling another Echo Show in a different house is a simple and straightforward process. By following the steps outlined in this guide, you can easily connect with friends or family members who have an Echo Show in a different location. The Drop In feature allows for seamless communication between Echo Show devices, making it convenient for staying in touch with loved ones.
Q: Can I call someone’s Echo Show if they are not in my contacts?
A: Yes, you can call someone’s Echo Show even if they are not in your contacts. Simply say, “Alexa, call [name of the person]’s Echo Show” and Alexa will attempt to connect the call.
Q: Is there a limit to how many people I can call on their Echo Show?
A: There is no limit to how many people you can call on their Echo Show. As long as the Drop In feature is enabled and they are willing to accept the call, you can connect with as many people as you want.
Q: Can I use the Drop In feature to communicate with someone in a different country?
A: Yes, you can use the Drop In feature to communicate with someone in a different country as long as both Echo Show devices are connected to the internet. However, it is important to consider time zone differences when initiating the call.
how to call another echo show in another house
1. To call another Echo Show in a different house, first, ensure that both Echo Show devices are set up and connected to the internet. If the other house has not set up their device yet, ensure that they have followed the instructions for setting up their Echo Show and are also connected to the internet.
2. Next, open the Alexa app on your smartphone or tablet and navigate to the “Communicate” tab. This is where you can make video calls to other Echo Show devices that are connected to your account.
3. In the “Communicate” tab, you should see a list of contacts that you can call. If the other person’s Echo Show is not listed, you can add them as a contact by clicking on the “Add Contact” button and entering their name and email address associated with their Amazon account.
4. Once the other person’s Echo Show is added as a contact, you can initiate a video call by selecting their name from the list of contacts. This will initiate a call to their Echo Show and they will have the option to answer or decline the call.
5. If the other person is not available to answer the call, you can leave them a video message by selecting the “Leave Message” option. This will allow you to record a video message that will be sent to their Echo Show for them to view later.
6. During the call, you can use the Alexa app to control the volume, mute the microphone, and switch between the front and rear cameras on your Echo Show. This can be helpful if you need to show the other person something specific or want to switch to a different camera angle.
7. Once the call is complete, you can end the call by selecting the “End Call” button on the Alexa app. This will terminate the connection between the two Echo Show devices and allow you to go back to using your device for other tasks. how to call another echo show in another house